In 2020 Thomas will compete in selective races at DMV BMW 318ti Cup and Peter Auto historic classic car events.
I wish to achieve my racing dreams and participate in a GT3 championship for a full season. I also wish to successfully finish my studies and work in the motorsport industry !
PDP (Personal Development Plan)
- Identity: Who am I? I am a very passionate and patient person. I like to make people smile and I think I perform really well under pressure.
- Qualities: What can I do? I know three languages, I can be a great leader and I am easy to cooperate with.
- Involvement: What do I want? I want to make a difference, and leave a legacy either in racing or in my business career.
- Moral Compass: What do I think? Honor and loyalty.
- Behavior: what do I do? Usually I display a calm and playful behavior. I hate stress and I prefer to minimize it as much as possible.
- Environmental awareness: Where do I apply? I am a part of the universities community, and my goal is to finish my studies as fast as possible and pursue my dream of becoming a f1 team manager.
Bachelor Sport Studies
My name is Thomas Krasonis, and I am an 18year old student from Greece.
I am currently studying in the Netherlands in order to get a degree in sport studies with hopes of becoming an agent/manager of athletes. In the beginning of the year I was accepted at Hanze university of applied sciences that is located in Groningen. I am a professional Greek racing driver with participation in many Top-tier European and world championships both in karting and in car racing. I chose this study because of my love for sports and my passion which is helping other reach their goals and follow their dreams. I really think that I made the right choice when I enrolled in these studies and I hope that I can finish them without any delay.
What did your development and learning process look like regarding this learning outcome?
To what extent do you manage this learning outcome? (STARR or reflection model of Gibbs of must be traceable).
What shows that you have achieved this competence?
- The student develops sportsmanship and a professional attitude through reflection and critical monitoring of developments in the field as a knowledge worker (LO11).
S (situation): The first time in my life where I understood what working as a professional is like, was when my class from the University was given the task to split into teams and organize a mini event for a specific target audience (Event Management Block 1.1) which in my case was for my international classmates.
T (task): The task sounded simple but in reality what we actually had to do in order to execute a complete event was much more complicated. We had to pay attention to even the slightest detail so that we could avoid mistakes that would make me and my team look unprofessional.
A (action): Together with my team we created an action plan that included every necessary action that needed to be done in order for us to succeed. It was not easy since for the first time in my life I had to pay attention for so many things and to be honest it was not easy.
R (result): The result was not perfect but satisfying. We managed to execute the event successfully with all of the participant being extremely pleased with the way we handled some setbacks that we faced on the day of the event. In the end we were just happy that all of the participants enjoyed our sport day!
- The student can indicate on the basis of (international) developments in the discipline of the sportsman in which further personal development is desirable and possible (LO11).
S (situation): While I and my classmates were on a field trip at the international racing circuit of Assen, we observed the preparations that need to be made in order to execute an event of such caliber. It was then when I realized that I need to develop many things if I wish to be at the same level as the organizers.
T (task): The task was quite simple. To learn everything you can possibly learn from the lesson of Event management in order to broaden my horizons so that I am able to evolve into a more complete and sophisticated sports professional.
A (action): I tried to follow the lessons of our sport event teacher as much as possible and I studied a lot in order to pass my exam.
R (result): I managed to pass with a 6.3 which was not perfect but satisfying for the effort that I put into the whole process.
- The student examines his/her own sport identity and develops self-management skills, resilience, drive, eagerness to learn, the ability to work intercultural and a standard about who he/she wants to be as a sports professional (LO 12).
S (situation): Through the coaching lessons I was given the task of creating my own personal development plan and my own website regarding my student and sport career.
T (task): The purpose of this “exercise” was for each individual to search within himself in order to identify strengths and weaknesses equally so that a development plan can be created with the sole purpose of creating a more complete sport identity.
A (action): I made a list with all my achievements and I started reviewing my career which was a satisfying experience since I got to remember all of the things that made me love the world of sports.
R (result): After the task was finished I felt more complete in terms of my identity and I had a more clear idea in my mind regarding my future as a sport professional.
- The student is able to compile and execute his own professional personal development plan on the basis of collected information from others for the short and long term in sport (training) world (LO12).
S (situation): On the second block I had the opportunity to coach for the first time in my life through the lesson of Sport & Technical framework.
T (task): The task was so that I and a partner would organize a training session for the rest of our classmates based on what we have learned in the lesson, including a warm up, briefing and everything that a complete training needs.
A (action): After proper preparation I acquired all the necessary items and equipment needed in order to perform my training and I put in work all of my knowledge that I gained through the lessons of this course.
R (result): The result was a successful training that gave me the chance to test my personal development as a sports professional in reality. I was satisfied with my performance and the course was extremely useful, although there are still many things to learn.
“If you can dream it, you can do it.”